Love...

Love...

About Me

My photo
South Africa
a deep respect for all things sacred.. a tender spot for all things dear.. a love for all things nice...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

White South Africa

It really saddens me that we are now 17 years into the democracy and white South Africa is still dominant in the business place… I have seen many white South Africans being promoted without the necessary experience and education… most have merely a matric qualification and yet are at really senior positions. What surprises me is that Senior/Top management is still predominantly white… Also I feel that white individuals are sometimes ear marked for certain positions, sometimes they cannot even speak the English language correctly, yet are given the opportunities. Promises of management titles are given to them, yet equally if not more qualified people of color are ignored. These people have to fight their way and work hard to prove themselves. It saddens me that this is still happening today. Companies need to be more transparent. Seems to me that the white people huddle together, and fend only for themselves! Disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment